About Us

Affiliation

Good Shepherd Lutheran Church is a congregation of the ELCA founded in 1963. We are part of the Central/Southern Illinois Synod.

Affiliation

Location

Our church’s sanctuary, office, fellowship hall and classrooms are all located at:
2101 S. Prospect Ave,
Champaign, Illinois.

Phone: 217-352-1732
E-mail: staff@gslc-cu.org

Location

Staff

Youth & Family Director: Jason Fisher Jason Fisher joined the staff at Good Shepherd in September of 2007 after serving in Rockford, Illinois as Youth & Christian Education Director and later as Director of Outreach. He has been a speaker for multiple Middle and High School Retreats and is passionate about accompanying young people during… Continue reading Staff

Facilities

Good Shepherd Lutheran Church makes its facilities available to its active members and to outside groups in a spirit of community service. In addition to Sunday worship, we open our building to exercise and yoga groups, Boy and Girl Scout troops, 4H, Alcoholics Anonymous and others. GSLC is a single story building that is wheel… Continue reading Facilities

Council

The GSLC Council is the board of directors for our church and give of their time and talents to make decisions on behalf of the congregation. They lead the congregation in the work we do in Jesus’ name both inside and outside of our walls. Council members serve for a two-year term and can be elected for one subsequent term. Below is a list of our council members and the roles they serve.

History

Good Shepherd Lutheran Church began as a mission congregation. The Board of Missions (Illinois District) of the American Lutheran Church extended a call to Rev. Carl A. Kalkwarf of Sterling, Illinois to begin the Good Shepherd congregation.  Arriving in September 1962, Pastor Kalkwarf began his work.  The first service was held at Bottenfield Elementary School… Continue reading History